Drug and Alcohol Rehab Gillingham
Drug and alcohol addiction, the chances are that you know somebody or at least will meet somebody affected by this problem in your lifetime. This somebody could even be yourself right now. There is a huge stigma surrounding this topic but, with it affecting so many people, the damage that it causes can be immeasurable.
We are here to help you. Our drug and alcohol addiction rehab centre is conveniently located near Gillingham and is easily accessible by car and public transport. Pay us a visit any time, especially if you think you may need help.
Drug and alcohol abuse can have a major effect on your life. It destroys families, breaks up friendships and makes you unrecognisable to people that know you. This may cause people to become depressed with their lives and consider terrible alternatives.
It may also affect your ability to work. This brings on further problems. If you are no longer able to work, you have less available income to fund the addiction. This is where people may get desperate and turn to drastic measures including theft.
What Causes Addiction?
Here are a number of the main causes of addiction:
- • Some people are just genetically predisposed to addiction, whereas others aren’t. What some people may be able to handle, can trigger addictive qualities in others. This is one of the main reason’s doctors are very careful prescribing painkillers.
- • As mentioned above, some people start off with a condition that requires constant painkillers such as Sciatica. However, some of these painkillers are opiate-based and can be very hard to wean off once no longer required.
- • Alongside physical ailments, some people take drugs for mental health reasons. Benzodiazepines such as Diazepam (branded as Valium in America) can require you to keep upping the dose in order to gain the same effect – this is what causes them to be so addictive.
- • Studies have also shown that people who grow up in an environment where family members are substance abusers are much more likely to develop these tendencies. Unfortunately, this is beyond a lot of people’s control as you can’t choose your family. This makes it a tricky situation to deal with.
- • Some regular recreational drug users can end up trying out other drugs as part of their lifestyle. The problem arises when some of these drugs become increasingly addictive such as heroin. These drugs are incredibly hard to stop taking and can cause people to need professional treatment.
I’m Ready To Change My Life
The first step is the hardest. Admitting that you have a problem that needs help takes a lot of courage. By doing this you have already started on the road to recovery.
You may have heard the term “rock bottom”, this is usually a massive event in an addict’s life that causes them to say, “enough is enough” and seek help.
Drug addicts and alcohol abusers may be able to see clearly how their lives are being ruined by addiction, yet are unable to take steps to fix it. This is where people take a positive step to undergo treatment, either by using a support group or a recovery program.
What is Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Gillingham Really Like?
Usually, the first place that comes to mind when people think of recovering drug addicts is a private rehab centre. There are some negative images surrounding rehab centres and these mainly stem from hearing about celebrities constantly checking in and out of them on the news.
This is only half the story. Private drug and alcohol rehab centres help thousands of people around the world, they house trained professionals that can help you address and ultimately aim to fix the issues you are dealing with. People with addictive personalities will need constant supervision that treatment programmes can offer in order to stop them from relapsing.
A lot of people may be scared of the idea of private rehab, or any kind of support group. One of the main things they worry about is that people will think less of them for going into rehab. It’s important to remember that in these moments you are not thinking as clearly as you should be.You will find it is the opposite, people will be proud of you for trying to sort out your problems, no matter how you do it.
Private rehab offers a number of recovery programmes to help drug and alcohol abusers change their lives. These range from different kinds of treatment programmes, recovery services and support from addiction counsellors.
Pros and Cons of Private Rehab
- Intensive form of addiction treatment
- High recovery rates
- Aftercare support
- 24/7 support in luxury facilities
- Treatment programmes can be expensive
- Rehab may not be in local area
- May need to take time off work
- Time away from family and friends
Want to get in touch?
Fill in your phone number and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible
What Can I Expect In Rehab?
It’s hard to say what a ‘normal’ day in rehab looks like, this can vary for each individual as their personal needs may be different from others. Private rehab will provide a safe place for you to recover, as well as offer treatment programmes and addiction counsellors to aid this.
For some substance abusers, behavioural therapy can play a huge role in setting them back on the right path. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy has been used as a very effective method to treat those who abuse drugs. It allows a person to pinpoint their specific triggers and trains the brain into providing healthier responses.
Some people will benefit more from group therapy. These support groups allow people to share experiences but more importantly realise that they are not alone. This strong bond between group members can often be invaluable to the recovery process.
What Will My Life Look Like After Rehab in Gillingham?
Transitioning from a rehab facility back into everyday life comes with some challenges. There is a certain amount of readjustment to be expected, and there will be both highs and lows following on from your recovery programme. The most important thing to remember, is that this is the same for everyone on their recovery journey.
The recovery process doesn’t end when you leave a facility, but rehab can equip you with the tools you need to face these challenges head on.
A recovery service will help you create a long-term recovery plan to keep you focused on maintaining your sobriety. This includes support with establishing a healthy routine, arranging meet-ups with others who’ve been in the same position and advice on avoiding potential triggers.
I Want To Get Help
There is no better time to get started than right now. Don’t let drug and alcohol addiction steal any more time away from you.
If you are looking for private rehab or treatment programmes and feel you could benefit from the treatment services we offer in Gillingham, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
You can call our team on 01923 369 161 or text HELP to 83222 and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
If the thought of calling makes you feel uncomfortable, you can also fill in our contact form with any questions you may have.