Drug and Alcohol Rehab Grays
Substance misuse and abuse is a problem throughout the country and all communities in the UK have been affected by drug and alcohol abuse. Studies have shown that drug use in the UK is similar to what it was a decade ago and approximately 1 in 10 adults (between the ages of 16 and 59) are illicit drug users.
Overcoming Your Alcoholism Or Drug Addiction At A Drug & Alcohol Rehab Facility in Grays
It is estimated that approximately 10% of the population of most countries suffer from some form of drug addiction and most addicts find it difficult to kick the habit because your body becomes physically addicted to your drug of choice. The abuse of opioids, most notably heroin, remains the biggest substance misuse problem in the UK. Opioid abuse also poses the greatest social and health risk for the country and heroin is the most commonly used substance among men and women seeking addiction treatment and entering a rehab centre. Cocaine is the second most widely used drug amongst addicts entering drug rehab facilities.
But there is hope for addicts and their families who are desperately in need of help. There are a number of treatment programmes available for alcoholism and drug abuse in high-quality residential rehab facilities. This means that you do not have to suffer alone.
We offer a specialist drug detox and rehab treatment programme at our drug and alcohol rehab centre for addicts in Grays and we can help you overcome your addiction to alcohol, illegal street drugs or prescription drugs in a residential detox and rehab centre. We provide a safe, comfortable and non-judgemental drug and alcohol rehab treatment centre in Grays where you can focus on your recovery and deal with any underlying issues that are fuelling your addiction to drugs and alcohol.
We offer a holistic approach to dealing with substance misuse and use a combination of therapies, including medically assisted detox, cognitive therapy, support groups, family therapy and counselling. Our residential addiction treatment programme is designed to assist you on your road to long-term recovery and teach you the skills to live a drug-free life and prevent a relapse.
When you enter our facility, you will be thoroughly assessed by a medical professional who will then consult with the treatment centre staff to draw up a treatment plan. A detailed medical history will be required so that any underlying health and medical issues can be identified. After your assessment a rehab counsellor will clarify your treatment plan and alternatives, talking you through the entire process and letting you know what to expect.
During the treatment programme, you will live in our residential rehab facility and receive round the clock supervision, support and medical care. You will be removed from the environment that has enabled your drug abuse and this will decrease your chances of relapsing and increase your chances of a successful recovery. Our treatment facility offers top quality accommodation with 21 comfortably furnished single rooms on two floors overlooking ample gardens and grounds where you can relax during your treatment. There are private individual therapy rooms and a multi-purpose group activity room as well as a comfortable communal lounge and dining area where nutritious meals are served.
Reasons For Entering Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Grays
Drug and alcohol abuse can have a devastating impact on the life of the addict and their family and you will never regret taking the step to enter a residential treatment centre and end your addiction to drugs and alcohol.
There are any number of reasons why you would want to kick your habit but some of the most common reasons for entering a drug and alcohol treatment program include:
- Drug or alcohol misuse and abuse is slowly killing you. There are many negative side effects and health risks to taking drugs, binge drinking or consuming copious amounts of alcohol. Since substance abuse typically leads to a need to increase your dosage to achieve the desired effects, your risk of an overdose increases the more frequent your drug or alcohol misuse becomes.
- Many street drugs are administered intravenously through an injection and using old or dirty needles increases your risk of being infected with HIV/Aids, hepatitis or other blood-borne diseases. One-third of people seeking opioid addiction treatment inject themselves with heroin and there has also been an increase in the injection of crack cocaine and amphetamine-based drugs in recent years. This is a high-risk behaviour.
- Drug and alcohol abuse can lead to heart, lung, liver and kidney diseases as well as high blood pressure.
- You can experience mental health issues as a result of drug or alcohol abuse.
- Drug abuse is illegal and buying street drugs puts you at risk of being arrested and facing criminal charges and a jail sentence.
- Your relationships with your family and friends will deteriorate as your addiction intensifies and your addiction will ultimately isolate you from your loved ones.
- Drug and alcohol addiction will eventually destroy your financial security.
- Your performance at work will suffer or you will struggle academically.
- Drug and alcohol abuse can lead to high-risk sexual behaviour.
Drug addiction can completely alter your mindset and your life will deteriorate rapidly until you reach a point where your entire existence is based on getting your next fix. If left untreated drug and alcohol abuse will ultimately lead to social, physical and mental health issues. It will destroy your life and the lives of those closest to you. Our specialised treatment centre offers discrete drug and alcoholism treatment in private, peaceful surroundings.
It is almost impossible to beat addiction on your own and making the decision to enter a treatment centre could be the most important decision you ever make. Call our drug and alcohol rehab facility in Grays on 01923 369 161 and we can help you take the first steps on your road to long-term recovery.