Before alcohol detox london can begin, it is important to understand the effects and risks associated with the drug.
Usually consumed as a drink, alcohol can be used safely if consumed within recommended guidelines. However, it can have disastrous effects if abused. Whilst a small amount can make a user more sociable, reduce inhibitions and reduce anxiety. This makes it very popular for social use. A large amount can result in anti-social behaviour and a hangover the next day. Prolonged use can have severe long term consequences over several years.
Risks of Alcohol Detox London
There are many risks associated with alcohol. These can include:
- Loss of control – Too much alcohol can result in loss of balance and being unaware of surroundings. This can lead to injuries.
- Anti-social behaviour – Too much alcohol can lead to a user becoming argumentative or aggressive. It can also lead to the user taking part in dangerous or antisocial behaviour which can lead to damage of property. People under the influence of alcohol are often unaware of the sensitivities of those around them, making them feel uncomfortable or resulting in being loud and waking people up in the middle of the night.
- Poisoning – Too much alcohol on a single occasion can result in alcohol poisoning. This can result in coma or even death.
- Long term illness – Consistent heavy alcohol use can result in several long term health problems. These can include heart disease, liver failure, high blood pressure and cancer.
- Alcoholism – Whilst drinking within sensible guidelines will help to avoid health risks, heavy drinkers have a higher risk of becoming dependent on alcohol. Withdrawals can be severe and symptoms can include sweating, shaking, nausea and high levels of anxiety.
How we can help
We have a range of alcohol detox london treatments to help with your alcohol addiction, including detox, counselling and holistic therapies. For more information call our alcohol detox london centre on 0800 500 3129.